Health & Safety
GCA UK constantly strives to improve workplace safety. We do so by implementing an active Safety/Quality/Environment policy, which is supported by training, raising awareness and procedure control.
GCA UK has achieved year on year success against our goals of reducing incidents and accidents, safeguarding the safety of our teams, which is the company’s prime concern.
GCA UK ensures Health and Safety is at the forefront of everything it does. The safety of our employees and everyone that it interacts with during the course of our daily business is paramount. Our logistics services are designed with the guidance of current legislation and in line with the policies and procedures we set ourselves. Health & Safety is enshrined in the culture of GCA UK, and is at the forefront of all employees minds. Every member of staff knows their responsibilities not only for themselves but for the people around them.
The components of the process are
- Measuring continuous improvement. Capturing best practice and finding new ways of preventing accidents and ill-health
And the tools used to deliver the processes are:
An extensive database of documents
- Product SDS – providing details of the product composition, hazard (where necessary), information on handling and cleaning.
- In-house training modules
- Group procedures
- Incident & accident statistics
Audits (each subsidiary is audited by Head Office on average once every 18 months )
- Customer audits
- In-house audits carried out by Head Office
- Assessment frameworks
- Tool-box talks
- Safety newsletters
- Information gathered from customers’ experiences
- Opportunities for improvement
VEGA – GCA’s bespoke H&S Management System
- Used to collate all incident / accident statistics across the entire Group
- Global performance overview
- Allows the sharing of best practices between subsidiaries
- Allows ease of access to statistics by incident category
- Accident / incident prevention through analysis of “opportunities for improvement”
- Allows measureable targets to be set for year on year improvement